Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

A Stitch in Time

I am blessed to have had two grandmothers willing to teach me their homespun talents.  One was an avid gardener and a seamstress.  Both were top-notch chefs.  And one was a fancy embroiderer.  Often embellishing baby bibs, pillow cases, and tea towels.

Lately I've been whipping up dishtowels with fruit and vegetable motifs. I stow them away for my children who, I someday envision, will be thrilled to have these homespun crafts in their own homes.  A lot of the posts on this blog have their roots in my Grandmothers' talents.  I cherish having learned their arts and crafts  and I love passing these gifts on to my children.

My hat's off to you, Grandma!
It's purely speculation of course, but I'm pretty sure I'll be stitching and embroidering tea towels for my own grandchildren one day!

No comments:

Post a Comment