Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Waxing BEE-autifully

Have you noticed the price of 100%, organic beeswax candles, lately?  I bought several tapers at Whole Foods recently having paid far too much for them.  Seriously!  I was ruined years ago when gifted with a couple Jo Malone candles.  Admittedly the scent of Jo Mallone's noir just puts me in a trance!  The $435.00 price tag puts me in a trance of another sort.  Their eensy 60g. travel size candle is $35.00.

That got me to thinking which lead to some research.  What I discovered is that 100% beeswax is ideal to burn in your home.  Something about releasing ions which attract other charged particles of the nasty nature.  Think about your pollen, pet dander and all-around air pollutants!  That's all it took...pricing....charged ions...oooo let me have beeswax, please.

I bought 2 pounds of the best organic beeswax I could find.  It came to the house all official looking and smelling a little bit like honey (of course) with a tad sweeter aroma and the smoother, softer texture of a babies buttery behind.

With my youngest in tow we visited the local craft shop and picked out 100% cotton wicks then shuffled over to Whole Foods for our trial run of 100% lavender essential oil.  I usually get my essential oils at Eden Botanicals but wasn't sure I had enough lavender to scent two pounds of wax.  Then we high-tailed it home and came up with our first homemade candles.

I'm only speculating but I think we'll be waxing poetic about even more beeee-eautiful candles in our future.

No comments:

Post a Comment