Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Her Kitchen Aid

You probably know by now, that we've got a budding gourmand in the house.  Not only does she like to make lavish dinners; try new techniques; and has her own subscription to a cooking magazine but she will bake anything.  While I will look at a recipe and see more than three steps and nix it right there she will see a twelve step recipe and  mix it right up.

So you can imagine when we brought home this cobalt beauty the kitchen became kid central!  Six quarts of culinary madness.  She hums like a bow sliding across a Stratavarius.  Works like a team of those Budweiser Clydesdales!  She's a gem and my daughter admires this piece of culinary artistry longingly.  I bet she would take it to her room and place it on her nightstand so the first thing she sees each morning is the epitome of kitchen work horses!  Ok, maybe not that bad but you get the idea.  She's on cloud nine.

It took her about a nano second to decide on her first work of art:  homemade, triple chocolate brownies.

Mmm-mmm good.

Yesterday she hopped out of bed; eyes still half-lidded and headed right for the refrigerator.  "I'm making biscuits" she proclaimed.

And she did.  And they came out perfectly.  Topped with freshly made jam.

I'm only speculating but I think my daughter's new aid in the kitchen will result in a mix of baked goods for years to come.  Thankfully my sweet neighbors love being the beneficiary of the bounty!


No comments:

Post a Comment