Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, August 26, 2013

Ice, Ice, Baby

I picked up a couple of those basic ice cream makers.  I figured one ice cream maker wouldn't make enough ice cream to serve guests so....I got two of them.

Followed the directions perfectly.  Made the custard.  Used vanilla beans.  Ghirardelli chocolate pieces.  Fresh cream from the local dairy.  Yep, we went all out.  This was going to put Haagen Daz and Ben and Jerry's to shame.

You can imagine my dismay when what we ended up with tasted something like an omelet.   With 6 eggs in the ice cream base ...  how could it taste like anything other than eggs?

Ok, I admit.  Not every new project turns out perfectly but we had good fun in the kitchen. 

All I can say is bring back Ben and Jerry's White Russian!





I'm only speculating but I think our attempt at ice cream making got the big chill!

No comments:

Post a Comment