Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, November 29, 2014

Stickler

I'm a stickler for a holiday and always make too much snack-y, sweet things.  That's okay though, because my neighbors are on the recipient end of our treats!  And my family is sure to have fun in the kitchen, too.  Little wonder then today, as I was thinning out my herb garden, I got to thinking about the pretzels and chocolates in the pantry.  Hmmmm.

My oldest wasn't able to make it home for Thanksgiving due to school and work obligations so my youngest was part and parcel of Mom's "Hey let's do this!" and "Come, come, let's do that!" and "Wow, we have GOT to try this!"  I think she's alright with all the projects and whims because she jumps right in and gets busy.

We melted two batches of chocolate:  one white chocolate and the other dark chocolate.  I chopped up some Heath Toffee, some butterscotch bits and some peanut butter chunks.  After coating each pretzel with chocolate and coaxing it into draping thinly, then working with our hands, we pressed the chopped bits onto the chocolate slathered rod.  I know some folks put the pretzel rods in the freezer to firm up quickly but I leave them at room temperature for a few hours.  Voila!  A quick treat.


Try putting some in a glassine bag and tie with a
festive bow and you too can treat your neighbors.

I don't have to speculate for I know we're making memories in the kitchen today and we have a batch of sugary treats to give away!  It IS the most wonderful time of the year!



No comments:

Post a Comment