Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Flat Out Perfect


 There she is.  A beautiful architectural file cabinet, or flat-file as they're called, and I've made her my living room table.

Added some biscuit feet I got at the local moulding store.  Which as it turns out, I think I'm going to remove and add casters instead.  Like these:







You can see the table top now has rounded corners and a fresh coat (or three) of white paint.  Folks this was my first piece of white furniture.  Ever.  In general I like the warmth and refinement of natural wood.  Even so I painted right over this oak beauty.
You know what's really great about this table?  Those drawers fit pieces of art and large, very large, items I can store flat.  No more boxing up the old family masterpieces or the kids artwork from kindergarten...*snap* I just lay them flat inside these flat file drawers.

Purely speculation on my part but I think I flat-out scored a keeper.

No comments:

Post a Comment