Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Oh, Jackie O!

I was thinking of the days when I would walk into Banana Republic and purchase a couple basic dresses and automatically had an updated wardrobe. The fun begins when you accessorize.  You ladies know what I'm talking about.  

So the other day when I saw my youngest switching up one of her basic dresses and looking so lively and youthful, I had a deja-vu moment! {snap}   The queen of understated and classy:  Jackie O! was the style icon of the shift dress.  She looked savvy, hip, and elegant.  All the time.  I'm pretty sure she awakened every morning, stretched her arms above her head; looked into a mirror and saw an easy, glamorous first lady looking right back.  She was the epitome of naturally fresh and put-together!  That lady was, I'm also pretty sure, just plain perfect!

So why not do the same thing as Jackie O!  A shift dress paired with flats and you are one classy gal!

Once my creative juices began flowing, I got to thinking what if I take a basic pattern and amp it up with funky fabric. So I did.  Basic pattern, funky hot pink and orange dots!

  
I'm only speculating but I think I'll need a pair of Jackie O sunglasses to shade my eyes from the pink glare!  Now that's a bright idea!


No comments:

Post a Comment