Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Sew 60's

We searched the internet for just the right pattern and when we found this one, with only a few clicks, we purchased it.  Straight from 1963 and just look at that original 65 cent price tag!

When it arrived, 8 days later, we had quite a giggle at that triangular scarf. Even so, that's next on my list to whip up!  {toothy grin}

First up we made a pair of hi-wasited, side-zip shorts.  And she loves them. She put them on as soon as I finished the last stitch in the hem.  And she looked darling in them.

After the shorts we were off and running, putting together a shorter version of the skirt.

I couldn't help but sing along with Nancy Sinatra: 
"These boots are made for walkin' and that's just what they'll do..."
just because.  Just because I was having flashbacks to 1963 when my sister and I had our very own go-go boots and sang a rousing rendition and danced around the house.  And somewhere in there I landed on Sonny and Cher's "I got you baaaaabbeeee.  I got you babe." 

I'm only speculating but I think this week I'll sew up another pair of shorts and dart around the house singing and waiting for her to walk in the door from school and marvel:  "Mom!  These are so cool they are better than I even imagined."  And that is the real music to my ears.

No comments:

Post a Comment